For Immediate Release
September 1, 2017
Bass Pro Shops helps Boy Scouts of America raise funds in September with round up campaign
For the eighth consecutive year, Bass Pro Shops is hosting Boy Scouts of America Month at all U.S. locations this September. Throughout the month, Bass Pro Shops will offer Boy Scouts of America merit badge classes and provide opportunities to raise funds for Scouting projects.
Bass Pro Shops customers have the opportunity to donate to the Boy Scouts of America by rounding up their purchase total to the nearest dollar. At the end of the promotion, 50 percent of the money collected will be donated to the Boy Scouts of America National Council and 50 percent will be given to designated local councils. In addition, Bass Pro Shops will make a contribution for each donation made.
Scouts can work toward earning their fishing and rifle shooting merit badges by attending workshops* at participating Bass Pro Shops locations. Classes are taught Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning at 6 p.m. according to the following schedule:
- Tuesday, Sept. 5 – Fishing merit badge class
- Wednesday, Sept. 6 –Rifle Shooting merit badge class
- Thursday, Sept. 7 – Fish and Wildlife Management merit badge class
- Tuesday, Sept. 12 – Rifle Shooting merit badge class
- Wednesday, Sept. 13 – Fish and Wildlife Management merit badge class
- Thursday, Sept. 14 – Fishing merit badge class
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 – Fish and Wildlife Management merit badge class
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 – Fishing merit badge class
- Thursday, Sept. 21 – Rifle Shooting merit badge class
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 – Fishing merit badge class
- Wednesday, Sept. 27 – Rifle Shooting merit badge class
- Thursday, Sept. 28 – Fish and Wildlife Management merit badge class
Class size is limited, so it is recommended that students call their nearest Bass Pro Shops and register over the phone.
*Merit badge classes and donations available at all U.S. locations except Islamorada, Florida, Branson, Missouri and the Outlet store in Springfield, Missouri. Not available in Canada.
For more information visit http://www.basspro.com/boyscouts.
About the Boy Scouts of America
The Boy Scouts of America provides the nation’s foremost youth program of character development and values-based leadership training, which helps young people be “Prepared. For Life.®” The Scouting organization is composed of nearly 2.4 million youth members between the ages of 7 and 21 and approximately 960,000 volunteers in local councils throughout the United States and its territories. For more information on the Boy Scouts of America, please visit www.scouting.org.
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today more than 100 retail and marine centers host 120 million people annually. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”