- FHNB is a National Organization started in Hayward, WI in 1986
- It is now a national organization with 19 chapters in 9 states with 9 additional chapters in the planning stage.
- The Madison Chapter of FHNB is in it’s19th year of operation.
- The event takes place at Governor Nelson State Park on the north Shore of Lake Mendota.
- Each year up to 100 anglers with disabilities are treated to an on the water fishing weekend.
- In order to provide a top quality fishing experience 250 or more volunteers are needed for the 2 day event as well as 50 v-hull and 20 pontoon boats.
Pontoon boats – Saturday 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday 8a.m – 12: noon
Dock workers – Saturday 7 a.m. – 12 noon and 11:30 a.m
Sunday 7:30 – 12 noon
Kitchen help – any time
Volunteers have free park entrance. Each receives a T-shirt and hat. All meals are provided including a huge fish fry by the Yahara Fish club on Saturday evening. Boat owners are given a gas card. All bait is provided. Fish cleaning done by volunteers.
- For more information contact Darrin Sharp 608 289-1112 or
Bernie Wendricks 608 833-1281