Summer means fun on the water, but unfortunately boating accidents, injuries and fatalities too.
This summer the Coast Guard is hoping to reach more recreational boaters with information about safe boating practices through community publications like yours.
Each month through August you’ll receive four new “Coast Guard Tips” articles accompanied by photos, graphs, or sidebars, all offered at no charge.
We hope you’ll consider printing some of them this summer as a public service to your readers.? Believe us when we say that it could be a real lifesaver.
To access the articles and photos for July, click on the links at right:
Download Articles for
Note: Some Browsers may open a blank document with the download. You can disregard this.
- Emergency Gear for Offshore Anglers
- Carbon Monoxide a Hazard for Boaters
- Build Your Own Marine First Aid Kit
- Propeller Safety
- Chart: Alcohol Use a Factor in Boating Accidents
- Graph: Life Jackets Help Ensure Safety