Bo Obama: A Look At The First Dog
Washington, D.C. is filled with political animals, but there’s one denizen of our nation’s capital who happily rises above petty partisanship: Bo Obama, the new presidential puppy.Back when President Obama was stumping on the campaign trail he promised his family a puppy-but they would have to wait until after the election. Though some promises made in the heated months before an election have a way of being forgotten, this one was fulfilled. And in the most adorable way.
What every citizen should know about the First Dog
Fortunately, you don’t need to exercise the Freedom of Information Act to get the facts about Bo Obama. Some fun facts:
* Bo is a Portuguese Water Dog with distinctive white front paws and white fur on his chest.
* The late Senator Edward Kennedy and his wife “introduced” Bo to the Obamas. The Kennedy’s owned three Portuguese Water Dogs.
* Bo has won a Teen Choice Award for Celebrity Pet.
* The First Dog has been issued a “baseball card” by the White House. The card provides information about Bo.
* Bo stuffed animals, storybooks, jigsaw puzzles, and toys are already on the market.
* A true American pup, Bo has caused some mischief in the White House, including chewing the President’s gym shoes.
After a full day of diplomacy and other sundry presidential day fillers, it’s Barack Obama’s turn to tend to the youngest member of the White Household: “I’m the guy with the night shift,” he told a reporter. “We go out and we’re walking and I’m picking up poop-and in the background is the beautifully lit White House. It’s quite a moment.”